Denham Garden Village Uxbridge (Anchor Hanover)
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
37.5 hours per week 5 days over 7
Denham Garden Village is Anchor’s award-winning development of retirement apartments, houses and bungalows situated in south Buckinghamshire
Join us as a Cafe Bar/Shop Supervisor at Denham Garden Village.
This role will successfully support the team running the village cafe bar/local shop; delivering excellent standards of service to support happy living. The Cafe/bar delivers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as hot and cold snacks, that are prepared to order.
Responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service within the shop, including;
- Promotion and marketing of services to customers
- Leading the team to provide excellent customer service
- Working closely with the Food & Beverage Manager to manage the shop budget, complying with internal and external regulatory standards
- Take ownership in the absence of the manager, including daily, weekly and monthly EPOS controls and cash handling, financial tasks and banking reconciliation
- Responsible for all licensing legislation and health and safety aspects of managing a shop
- Effective deployment of staff rotas and adhering to corporate workforce planning practices is essential
- Ordering Produce
We are looking for someone who has;
- Previous experience within a Cafe Bar as deputy or manager
- Hold a NVQ level 2 in customer Service
- Level 3 food hygiene certificate (As some food preparation is included)
- Experience of managing a P&L
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers
- Able to comply with legislation and support the Manager with COSHH, Health & Safety and HACCP
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )