The Cedars Stoke-on-Trent
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
The Cedars in Stoke-on-Trent is a contemporary purpose built residential care home set in comfortable surroundings. Meticulously finished to a very high standard, The Cedars offers first class care and facilities for up to 42 residents, in a light, spacious and elegant setting.
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Home Manager who has an understanding of a care setting and the needs of older people within a Care Home environment.
You will have experience in;
- People management & conducting staff training.
- Knowledge of a care setting and the needs of older people.
- Experience of working to targets and associated results.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Responsible for all aspects of care delivery within the location which must be viable, person centred, and meet or exceed customer needs and expectations. Deliver a quality of service which meets Care Quality Commission (CQC) essential standards, improving the quality of customer’s lives and supporting happy living for the years ahead.
You will have knowledge and a working understanding of;
- Understanding of CQC essential standards and their impact in care management and practice.
- People management.
- Health and safety legislation.
- Understanding of a budget.
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults – local and national policies.
- Mental capacity act.
- Deprivation of liberty.
- Data protection and confidentiality in a care setting
An NVQ level 5 is desirable for this position, or you must be willing to work towards it.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )