Selkirk House Plymouth
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
38 hours (full-time)
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Selkirk House in Plymouth is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 42 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Rated Good, overall, by CQC
- ‘St Luke’s six steps’ accredited and recognised for our end of life care
- Great opportunities for development and training
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )