Firth House Selby
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Reporting into the Location Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out day to day minor maintenance and repairs, to a high standard, contributing to a happy and comfortable environment for customers.
- Differentiating between minor repairs and when more specialist skills are required.
- Ensuring equipment is used safely, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Previous gardening, building or maintenance experience is desirable.
- Range of practical skills including maintenance and gardening.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Health & safety in the workplace.
- Well organized and able to plan workload.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to undertake a wide range of activities.
- Customer focused at all time.
Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, responsibilities will include:
- All associated gardening duties within the Village.
- Identifying and ensuring health & safety standards are met.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required Knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience as a Gardener covering a large site
- Customer Service Level 2 or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, understand and complete tasks as set out by your manager.
- Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace, along with an understanding of the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Commitment to providing a high quality service.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with an approachable attitude.
- Flexible to work shifts including weekends, reliable and able to adapt and work under pressure. Able to create an environment where customers feel at home
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Firth House in Selby is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 41 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Dementia friendly environment, including secure gardens to support people living with dementia
- Awarded top 20 home carehome.co.uk 3 years running
- 4 individual dining rooms, serving fresh quality food, with seasonal ingredients prepared by our catering team
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )