Widnes Hall Widnes
Widnes Hall in Widnes is a purpose built residential care home, set in comfortable surroundings and offers quality facilities with en-suite rooms for up to 68 residents, in a light, spacious and elegant setting.
We provide a high standard of care and were rated Outstanding in the area of Responsive by the Care Quality Commission in their most recent inspection published in March 2020
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to join our excellent team at Widnes Hall.
You will be an currently in post as deputy/assistant manager who has an understanding of a larger care setting and the needs of older people.
You will have experience in;
- People management & conducting staff training.
- Knowledge of a care setting and the needs of older people.
- Experience of working to targets and associated results.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Together with the Home Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of care delivery within the location, which must be viable, person-centred, and meet or exceed customer needs and expectations. Deliver a quality of service which meets Care Quality Commission (CQC) essential standards, improving the quality of customer’s lives and supporting happy living for the years ahead.
You will have knowledge and a working understanding of;
- Understanding of CQC essential standards and their impact in care management and practice.
- People management.
- Health and safety legislation.
- Understanding of a budget.
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults – local and national policies.
- Mental capacity act.
- Deprivation of liberty.
- Data protection and confidentiality in a care setting
An NVQ level 5 is desirable for this postilion, or you must be willing to work towards it.
As well as a great Salary, as England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
- 20% off mobile phone contracts
- Cashback on dental and medical expenses
- Discounted Private Medical rates
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.