Property & Assets (Anchor Hanover)
Job Title: Property Sustainability Director
Location: Home Worker with frequent travel into the London and Bradford Office
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role:
You will be part of the Senior Management team and will report to the Executive Director of Property & Assets. You will be responsible for providing leadership to the business on building sustainability and driving change. You will be required to develop and deliver a comprehensive approach to sustainability across the Anchor Hanover portfolio of housing and care homes, consolidating existing sustainability and energy capabilities and activity across the organisation into a single team.
In this role you will work very closely with the Executive Board (EB), Portfolio Strategy Director, Property Delivery team, and the wider operational business, to provide thought leadership on building sustainability and environmental issues. There will also be a requirement to work closely with the Data team to ensure that portfolio data is capable of supporting sustainability initiatives and measuring their effectiveness.
You will be required to develop and deliver a long-term approach to decarbonising our portfolio, with a clear agreed plan for investment. Working with the Portfolio Strategy and Property Delivery teams, this will then be translated into costed, practical and workable policies and plans which will be applied across the portfolio and to individual asset plans.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong Leadership skills and relevant experience – establishing and leading professional teams across a wide geographical area.
- Industry leading knowledge of sustainability.
- The ability to influence senior leaders and experience in driving change.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing sustainability strategies throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Ability to create and deliver complex strategic transformation programmes across property portfolios
- Good experience in leading the development of sustainability policies and plans, with solid understanding of assessing the financial and operational impact. Strong understanding of cashflow analysis and the ability to scope, interrogate and interpret the options appraisal process.
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen, with experience of communicating with a wide range of senior stakeholders. Sound CRM skills and a strong understanding of their importance.
- A background in housing is preferable but not essential.
- This role requires at least 10 years’ experience in a building sustainability role with at least 5 at a senior, leadership level, with a good understanding of how sustainability initiatives can be translated into deliverable plans at a building level and how culture and practice within an organisation needs to align to deliver a sustainability strategy.
Anchor Hanover began more than 50 years ago and today is England’s largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for people in later life.
It provides retirement housing to rent and to buy, retirement villages and residential care homes, including specialist dementia care. In total, Anchor Hanover serves more than 65,000 residents in 54,000 homes across almost 1,700 locations. Its residential care services employ the majority of the 9,000-strong workforce, providing services to residents at 114 care homes.
Anchor Hanover operates in more than 85% of local councils in England.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )