The Manor House Barnard Castle
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
The Manor House at Barnard Castle is a contemporary residential care home set in luxurious surroundings. The Manor House offers first class care and facilities with premium en-suite rooms for up to 76 residents, in a light and spacious setting.
We are looking for a Sous Chef / Deputy Chef Manager to join the team.
This is a 40 hour week post (4 days) with some weekend work required. Rate of pay is £12 per hour which is equivelent to £25,035 plus paid overtime after 40 hours.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar environment.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven track record in a similar environment
- Knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people including IDDSI
- Experienced in making Cakes and Baking
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )