The Manor House Harrogate
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
The Manor House in Harrogate is a stunning residential care environment set in luxurious and comfortable surroundings. Meticulously finished to a superior standard. The Manor House provides luxury accommodation, whether this is for a short-term break, trial stay or for permanent care.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Assistant to join the hospitality team at The Manor House. This role would suit someone from a high end restaurant back ground
Reporting into the Hospitality Manager you will be responsible for;
- Providing a fantastic dining experience in a luxury environment, for customers and their guests in the restaurant as part of a larger, dedicated and highly trained team.
- The presentation of the restaurant, ensuring that tables are set up with appropriate linens, silverware and glassware and they are cleaned and prepared ready for the next customers.
- Providing front of house service to the restaurant, meeting, greeting and seating customers.
- Presenting and advising on menu choices, ensuring that the specials for the day are offered and taking food and beverage orders from customers.
- Serving food and beverages to customers, ensuring that they are enjoying their meals and do not have any further requirements.
- Preparing and providing the bill to customers and taking payment for food and drink received.
- Keeping the kitchen equipment, crockery and utensils clean and hygienic and reporting concerns to line manager.
Required knowledge and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally level 2 Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent, or willing to work towards this.
- A positive, professional approach and understanding of person centred care with older people.
- Experience of working in the service or care sector, providing face to face Customer Service is desirable.
- Flexibility to do shift work, including working alternate weekends.
- Able to deliver the highest standard of customer service with a professional yet caring approach.
- A willingness and desire to undertake further training as required to further knowledge and skills.
- Enthusiastic, looking to develop new skills to support customers with varying challenges including increasing dependence and dementia.
- Able to build rapport with Customers, family and friends, enabling happy, fulfilled and independent living.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to adapt style to suit audience.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )