Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
This is a 6 month fixed term role with shift patterns to be agreed at interview
This exciting opportunity will allow you to get an insight into the world of Care. You can spend time in our Care Homes meeting our residents, performing a variety of tasks and enjoying making a real difference to the lives of older people.
This will allow you to choose your Career path in Care. Once you have chosen your path, we will support you by giving you a permanent role and enabling you to gain qualifications in your chosen field
Roles such as Care Assistant, Housekeeper and Catering Assistant will be available to you
The role will include:
- Making cups of tea, refreshments
- Activities to engage residents such as bingo and quizzes
- Being an ear to listen
- Kitchen assistants, preparing food and washing up
- Helping our residents maintain their own routines with activities such as hairdressing and beauty treatments
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Eastlake in Godalming is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 53 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Excellent transport Eastlake is close to Godalming town and is situated in-between Farncombe and Godalming Railway station
- Quality statutory and mandatory training for all staff to enable them to deliver high quality person centred care for people living with variety of care needs including people living with a dementia
- Eastlake has 53 en-suit bedroom with pleasant gardens and provides a variety of person centred activities
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )