Anchorcall (Anchor Hanover)
FTE 20,217.31 Plus Shift Allowance
Fixed Term 12 Months
As part of the On Call team, you will provide assurance, assistance and practical support to a customer base of around 37,000 Anchor Hanover and private customers. The role will include regular liaison with contactors, emergency services, colleagues, customers and their relations, and others to provide the highest level of service delivery to all customers. Full and on-going training will be provided.
Reporting into the On Call Team Leader and working as part of a team, responsibilities will include:
- Working shifts to deliver a 24 hour community alarm service to some 37,000 sheltered customers across England, aged 55 and above.
- Managing alarm calls from customers, including medical emergencies, requests for Carer support and property repair, and incoming and outgoing telephone calls, to deliver excellent services in line with established policies and procedures.
- Managing calls from front doors, key safes and other communal areas on schemes, and providing scheme access and access to master keys as appropriate.
- Providing a range of services to scheme customers, contractors and visitors, colleagues and others, from reassurance and advice to arranging out of hours emergency repairs and emergency services attendance.
- Receiving and dealing with emergency calls from customer's relating to properties, fire panels and communal areas.
- Providing a high quality, person centred emergency call handling service to people with wide ranging and complex needs.
- In relation to the response to the alarm call by referring to information available on the On Call database and appropriate questioning.
- Arranging appropriate assistance, record outcomes and ensure incidents and information are handed to third parties to attend and provide practical assistance.
- Making appropriate judgments, based in database information available, established procedures, training and experience, but with the opportunity to exercise judgment and initiative where appropriate, all supported with the opportunity to seek guidance or escalate alarms calls appropriately to a Shift Senior or line manager.
- Data inputting from emails and phone calls from LM's and other colleagues to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Numerate and literate, with working knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience of remote working with customers, e.g. by phone, remotely identifying their needs and expectations.
- Experience of working with older people, community alarms, alarm monitoring or call centres is not essential but would be beneficial.
- Experience of working to targets/KPIs and driving own personal development.
- Ability, enthusiasm and passion to deliver high quality customer service, working professionally and calmly under pressure
- A "people person", able to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication is key to your success in this role which includes a calm, sympathetic and decisive approach to a wide range of challenging situations
- Flexible, able to work a variety of shifts, resilient and adaptable to perform and deliver within an ever changing environment.
- Effective and accurate written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Competent in multi-tasking, prioritisation and forward planning and ability to manage competing demands
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )