Ashcroft Rochdale (Anchor Hanover)
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
We’re only as successful as the teams which support us, and the role of a cleaner at Anchor is a crucial one.
We are looking for a cleaner to join us at Ashcroft and Wille Edwards Fold
This is a 22 hour a week post and is fairly flexible with the hours of work, although it is Monday - Friday. This would possible suit some one with school aged children.
Reporting into the Location Manager responsibilities will include:
Ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for residents in all communal, offices and laundry areas. Ensuring that cleaning products are used effectively, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable (but not essential)
- Use of cleaning products in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures including use of equipment e.g. carpet cleaners.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Health & safety in the workplace including Control of Substances Harmful to Health (COSHH).
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs.
You don’t need any experience to be successful for this role, we are just looking for someone who is reliable, friendly, has great time management skills and enjoys working as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to complete online training courses from time to time; therefore basic computer skills are essential.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Our housing leasehold and rented schemes are about providing older people with independence and security within a happy community. Residents look to us to provide them with a safe, well-maintained home and take the stress out of everyday life.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates