Thomas Henshaw Court Southport
We are recruiting for an Experienced Head Chef / Chef Manager to take control of our catering operation at Thomas Henshaw Court
You will be responsible for providing exceptional food, for a Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal service for up to 43 residents.
All our meals are made from fresh seasonal produce and you have to have knowledge of special dietary requirements.
This is a hands on role, as you will be managing a small team within the home.
This is a 40 hour week, offering an exceptional work life balance, however you will be required to work every other weekend. The salary offered is £25,272
Ideally you have experience of working in a care home setting or be an experienced Head Chef looking for a better work life balance.
Reporting into the Home Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- At least 3 years in a similar environment as Head Chef/Chef Manager.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Basic Understanding of IDDSI
- Working with fresh seasonal produce
- Baking and Cake making
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes. Some of the benefits of working for Anchor Hanover Group are;
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh seasonal ingredients
- Flexibility to be innovative to create dishes and design menus that meet your residents needs
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- The opportunity to lead a small team
- Showcase your talents in our own annual chef of the year competition
- Be a leader in the development of food activities with your residents
- Control of your own budget
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Thomas Henshaw Court in Southport is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 43 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Friendly, open culture
- Rated Good in all areas by CQC
- Free parking available on site