Tolson Grange Dalton
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Set in a quiet residential area, located in its own beautiful grounds, Tolson Grange is a unique purpose built care home in Dalton, Huddersfield
We are recruiting for an Experienced Cook to support our catering operation at Bilton Tolson Grange.
Together with the Chef Manager, you will be responsible for providing exceptional food, for a Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal service for up to 38 residents.
All our meals are made from fresh seasonal produce and you have to have knowledge of special dietary requirements.
This is a 30 hour week (3 days) offering an exceptional work life balance, however you will be required to work every other weekend.
Ideally you have experience of working in a care home setting or be an experienced chef looking for a better work life balance.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- To produce nutritious, quality meals using fresh seasonal produce.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
Required knowledge & experience:
- NVQ/C&G/SVQ in Catering
- Working with fresh seasonal produce
- Health & safety legislation including COSHH and HACCP
- Proven experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people
- Knowledge of IDDSI
- Experienced in making Cakes and Baking
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Tolson Grange in Huddersfield is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 38 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Good bus links form Huddersfield town center bus stop is 3 mins walk from the home with free parking
- Staff team say ‘we are friendly, welcoming approachable and like a family
- We have achieved a GOOD rating with CQC
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )