Construction (Anchor Hanover)
Competitive with market rates
Job Title: Construction Delivery Manager (South)
Location: Home based with frequent travel around the South of England
Contract Type: Permanent
Do you aspire to work in a high performing team which is expanding to deliver more homes for retirement living? Are you looking for the flexibility to be based from home coupled with brilliant and connected support?
Whether you’re looking for something different, more rewarding, exciting or all three, Anchor are recruiting to new roles which will combine the best of agile working, with flexibility and travel.
Anchor is expanding our new development team and we’re recruiting talented individuals to help us achieve our target of providing over 3200 new homes where people love living in later life.
About the role:
You will project manage numerous construction projects, by monitoring site activities, the performance of the contract, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants on site to ensure project is delivered to the right budget, timescales and quality standards.
You will ensure that building works are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications in line with the Anchor design standard and ensure Anchor receives practical completion with minimal snags and issues, in line with agreed parameters.
You will have:
- Project management with a track record of delivery of residential projects
- Proven track record of managing development and/or commissioning of new residential projects.
- Managing/overseeing construction projects
- Track record of involvement in the technical and commercial aspects of new developments, including control of quality delivery
- To have a wide understanding of the building industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- Experience in QA Procedures
- Knowledge of the housing and care needs of older people desirable
- Understanding of the needs and aspirations of various internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Please note due to the nature of the role being home based and the size of documentation that is received daily, the postholder will need to have fast fibre-broadband access
Anchor is England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people across 1700 locations with a turnover of £550m. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor we live and breathe our values in everything we do. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )