Construction (Anchor Hanover)
circa £40k depending on experience
Job Title: Construction Quality Controller/ Clerk of Works
Location: Homebased with travel around the South of England
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours
Salary: circa. £40,000 p.a. dependent on experience
About the role
Reporting to the Lead Construction Delivery Manager you will be responsible for:
- Familiarising with relevant drawings, specifications and standard guides
- making visual inspections of projects onsite
- having a knowledge of relevant building regulations and able to inspect work based on the current regulations
- having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bringing shortfalls to the construction delivery manager or the contractors management team
- working in a collaborative and solution focussed manner
- keeping clear, concise and auditable records of all activity, producing periodic reports which highlight quality inconsistencies
- preparing a schedule of defects at the end of the defects liability period for communication with contractors
- monitoring the performance of main and sub-contractors onsite, in relation to quality and reporting the performance to the Construction Delivery Manager
- Reviewing/Auditing the contractors quality management plan/inspection test plan
You will have a background in construction and have a proven experience with the involvement in the technical aspects of new developments including control of quality delivery. You will have:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management
- An awareness of customer engagement with the ability to consider the customer in all scenarios
- Well-developed IT skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate relevant risks pertinent to the job role
- Conversant with current Health and Safety/CDM legislation
- Capability of interpreting M&E requirements and ensures systems installed accordingly.
- Wide understanding of the construction industry and experience of working on an operational site, including methods of construction and legal requirements
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan ahead
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet business needs and undertake regular travel where necessary.
- Ability to work on own initiative, being resourceful, achieving deadlines.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure
- Manages time effectively and works within agreed timeframes
- Ability to identify priorities and unresolved issues and items where it is appropriate to escalate to senior development team
- Strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills, with an approachable style
- Ability to establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractor's staff and be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )