Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
As Visiting Estate Manager you’ll be customer focused, flexible, have a strong passion for older people’s rights and independence and reflect our shared values in your day-to-day activities.
You will be the face of Anchor for our retirement estates. You will provide 22 hours service across 3 locations covering Hartlepool, Consett and Lanchester
The rate of pay offered is £11.88 an hour plus fuel allowance.
- Provide a flexible and local housing management and support service to meet the needs of customers living at the scheme
- Connect with residents, sign-posting and helping them with accessing health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events
- Help new residents settle into their homes in a positive and respectful way
- Manage contractors in an honest and proactive manner to ensure homes are well maintained, and communal repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- To work in partnership with many other agencies
- Possess sound computer skills
- Be able to solve problems, plan work and get result
- Be proactive, ensuring the smooth running of the estate
We need people who share our values, people who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have the ability to work with a wide range of people. Being computer literate is also essential.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We believe they should be able to choose how they live in later life. This means listening carefully so we can shape our homes and services around their changing needs and concerns.
You do not need to have previous estate or housing experience as we’ll provide an in-depth training programme covering all aspects of estate practice.
You will be able to demonstrate
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience is a previous customer service environment
- Competent usage of computer programmes, including MS Office
- Be and effective problem solver
- Conflict resolution techniques
- A basic awareness of health and safety
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Our housing leasehold and rented schemes are about providing older people with independence and security within a happy community. Residents look to us to provide them with a safe, well-maintained home and take the stress out of everyday life.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )