Fiske Gardens Lowestoft (Anchor Hanover)
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
11.56 - 12.25
Located in the Oulton Broad area near to the Broads national park, Fiske Gardens in Lowestoft offers 24 one bed retirement apartments.
We are recruiting an Estate Manager to provide 17.5 hours support per week.
Life’s too short to be in the wrong job.
A career with Anchor housing is all about providing older people with independence and security within a happy community. We offer retirement properties at over 1,500 locations across the country and manage 54,000 homes for the over-55s.
At the heart of every Anchor retirement housing community are great people making sure that everything runs smoothly. Our ambition is to create homes where everyone can love living in later life. If you share that passion and commitment, Anchor is the best place to build your career.
Variety is the spice of life
Working with different individuals every day, an estate/scheme manager job is incredibly varied, and no two days are the same. We connect with our communities in different ways and when you join the housing team you’ll need a good balance of heart and head to manage property matters and relationships with your residents. You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing properties and supporting residents to be able to live independent lives
- Managing the location’s budget and service charge accounts ensuring homes are well maintained and repairs are completed to a high standard
- Ensuring that the location is safe and all health and safety checks and risk assessments are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures
- Working with external agencies to provide support to residents with complex needs ensuring that they are getting access to the right services to help them to continue to live independently
- Encouraging all vulnerable residents to have an up to date and relevant support plan that identifies their individual needs
- Connecting with residents, helping them access health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events both internally and in the wider community
Are you the one?
Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. We believe they should be able to choose how they live in later life. This means we need someone who is great at listening carefully so we can shape our services around their changing needs and concerns.
Ideally you will have previous estate or housing experience, but that’s not as important as having the right attitude, being clear on professional boundaries and a willingness to learn.
A great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people. Our heart-felt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means that every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and better facilities.
Whether you are looking for a job which you can grow into, proving an excellent service to the location you are working in or a career in housing management, we will be able to support you with on the job training and support and a professional qualification in housing management.
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Wellbeing support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Savings, loans and free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities