C-London & South East
Competitive plus Car
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Regional Support Manager based in the London and South East.
Contract type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay: Competitive plus car allowance
Ideally based to enable travel across all locations including London and Surrey.
Reporting into the Director of Care Services responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all aspects of service provision within any of the care homes with the Registered Manager or in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Working with the team to respond to any areas that need additional support.
- Working with and supporting the District Managers within their Districts.
- Being able to respond and adapt quickly to the support the homes require.
- Able to problem solve and work within the operational and financial messages.
- Delivering a quality service in line with CQC essential standards, improving the quality of customer's lives
- Able to manage a workload that is responsive to the needs of any given home as required.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Knowledge of a care setting and the needs of older people
- People management experience including developing action plans with measurable targets and leading change management.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulations within Care Homes for Older people.
- Ideally Level 5 Leadership in management (Residential pathway) or equivalent
- Experience of managing a budget, working to a business plan and marketing
- Ability to critically analyse data and solve problems
- People management including training delivery, good organisation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Computer, technology and numeracy literate
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
As an Anchor colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates