West Hall West Byfleet
up to £33,000
We are looking for an Experienced Head Chef / Chef Manager to join the team at our flagship property in West Byfleet.
West Hall, has recently been given a outstanding award in the latest CQC inspections.
Set in the stunning 5.5 acres of landscaped gardens of a grade 2 listed Manor house, you will be responsible for Oak Lodge (one of three award winning purpose built lodges) providing exceptional food, for a Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal service. Our menus change with the season, so you must have experience of working with fresh seasonal produce.
This is a hands on role, and you will be managing a small team within the Lodge, however occasionally you may be required to oversee one of the other Lodges, within the grounds.
This is a 40 hour week, offering an exceptional work life balance, however you will be required to work every other weekend.
Ideally you have experience of working in a luxury care home setting or be someone from a high end hotel/restaurant background looking for a better work life balance.
Click here to take a tour around this truly stunning property
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- At least 3 years as a Head Chef or Chef manager
- Health & safety procedures including COSHH, HACCP and Allergens.
- Knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Working with fresh seasonal produce
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Flexibility to be innovative to create dishes and design menus that meet your residents needs
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- The opportunity to lead a small team
- Showcase your talents in our own annual chef of the year competition
- Be a leader in the development of food activities with your residents
- Control of your own budget