Oak Lodge West Byfleet
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
We are looking for an Experienced Sous Chef /Deputy Chef Manager to join the team at our flagship property in West Byfleet.
West Hall, has recently been given a outstanding award in the latest CQC inspections.
Set in the stunning 5.5 acres of landscaped gardens of a grade 2 listed Manor house, you will be working in The Oak Lodge (one of three award winning purpose built lodges) providing exceptional food, for a Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal service. Our menus change with the season, so you must have experience of working with fresh seasonal produce.
This is a 37.5 hour week, offering an exceptional work life balance, however due to the nature of the role, you will be required to work every other weekend. The hourly rate is £13.66 with a salary equivalent of £27,362.88
Ideally you have experience of working in a luxury care home setting or be someone from a high end hotel/restaurant background looking for a better work life balance.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays