Resturant and Bar - Hampshire Lakes Yateley (Anchor Hanover)
£28,000 - £30,000
We are recruiting for an Experienced Sous Chef to support the Head Chef in the Lakeside Bistro at Hampshire Lakes.
Hampshire Lakes, contemporary design, traditional architecture and an idyllic lakeside setting come together to create a beautiful retirement village in Yateley.
Set in the historic county of Hampshire and located within 9.5 acres of natural woodland, The lakeside bistro is at the heart of the retirement village.
Our menu's change with season, and prepared to the highest standards
This is a hands on role, as you will be managing a small team within the restaurant.
This is a 40 hour week, offering an exceptional work life balance, however you will be required to work every other weekend.
Ideally you have experience of working in a high end hotel/restaurant background looking for a better work life balance.
Reporting into the Head Chef, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
- Deputising for the Head Chef in their abscence
Required knowledge & experience:
- At least a years in a similar environment as Sous Chef/Deputy Chef Manager.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Basic Understanding of IDDSI
- Working with fresh seasonal produce
- Baking and Cake making
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays