Devonshire House Sudbury
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
As a Care Assistant you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence including personal care, meal times, and activities whilst also providing a listening ear to those who need it most.
Anchor has 4 core values and you will align to these by being Accountable, showing Respect for all, demonstrating Courage and being Honest. Even if you have no previous professional care experience you will be provided with all the training and development you will need to excel at your job, whether that is care, housekeeping, catering or activities. You will be provided with on the job training through NVQ’s and QCF’s.
Care Assistants at Anchor make a real and positive impact to the lives of older people who have a range of care needs as well as life experiences and personalities that makes every day varied and interesting.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
**Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK**
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role
Devonshire House in Sudbury is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 68 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Historic and beautiful listed building with extensive landscaped grounds in a rural setting beside the river
- The service is immersed within an active village community. We regularly host events at the home and can attend village events or use the community shop, tea rooms or three pubs
- The home has lots of internal space including a cinema, conservatory and therapy room providing everyone with the space and privacy they choose
Anchor is England's largest not-for-profit provider of specialist housing and care for the over-55s. We provide services to more than 60,000 older people and employ around 10,000 staff. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor;
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays (Christmas & Boxing Day)