Home working with travel into our Bradford office
circa. £60,000 depending on experience plus car allowance
Job Title: Senior Category Manager
Location: Home working with travel into our Bradford office
Salary: circa. £60,000 (depending on experience) plus car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours
About the role
As Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a series of strategic category sourcing programmes for major and complex categories with senior business stakeholders
- Managing strategic relationships with high risk / high value suppliers
- Develop and deliver annual value for money / cost savings programme to the organisation
- Providing expert Procurement guidance across a range of internal stakeholders.
- Working with those internal stakeholders to ensure the category sourcing programme meets the requirements of the organisation in terms of service, cost and quality.
- Ensure compliance with the business governance and policy requirements whilst applying a risk based approach to deliver maximum value.
- Develop, motivate and manage a team of Category Managers and Category Assistants / Buyers across a diverse spend portfolio, in accordance with agreed strategies and processes to optimise Anchor Hanover’s procurement spend.
You will have :
- Extensive experience within a senior specialist commercial / industry experience in procurement and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant senior procurement experience.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Advanced negotiation experience.
- Experience of contract management.
- Experience of team working, delegation and empowerment.
- Experience of project managing complex procurement activities from initial planning to contract award.
- Experience of supplier relationship management.
- Experience of building collaborative partnerships with internal customers
- Track record of ability to develop and deliver against value for money / cost saving targets.
- Management of resources and financial risk and commercial acumen.
- Experience of sourcing, mapping and managing supply chain partners
You will also:
- Be a Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Have a degree level qualification plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience.
- Have Project Management (Prince 2 Practitioner desirable, or 5 years experience of complex project management).
- Have evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Have Supply chain management training to be supplemented by additional specialist courses as required.
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk)