Up to £26k DOE
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Hybrid Working
Salary: up to £26,000 plus excellent benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role
You will be supporting Regional Finance Partner and operational managers by providing advice for a portfolio of retirement properties, you will help them to develop the necessary financial management skills, ensuring work is compliant with internal and external regulatory requirements.
Duties will include:
- Prepare and post accounting entries into the ledgers including re-codes, re-charges, accruals and pre-payments
- Prepare balance sheet and fund account reconciliations
- Review, validate the accuracy and report on service charge and revenue variances on a regular periodic basis
- Provide commentary and recommendations to operations and other finance colleagues
- Support the annual budget process offering guidance, support and training to operational colleagues.
- First line response to operations for all finance queries via Cherwell, email and workplace
- Finance systems training and support for operations colleagues
- Assisting with year end accounts and preparation for audit
It is essential that you will have:
- AAT qualification or equivalent or experience and willing to undertake study, may suit a graduate
- Intermediate Excel and IT skills
- Experience in providing customer-oriented service ideally in a finance context
- A working knowledge of Reconciliations, use and interpretation of management information and KPIs
- Ideally you will have:
- Experience of working in the Housing sector (or similar)
- Working knowledge of current service charge legislation application to Housing Associations
- Audit experience
- You must also be willing to travel to other locations in the UK when required.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk)