Portfolio Strategy (Anchor Hanover)
£50,000 - £60,000
Role: Strategic Town Planner
Location: Home worker with regular travel into the Bradford or London office
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus excellent benefits
Are you an experienced Strategic Town Planner looking for a new challenge where you will play a key part in developing long term strategies?
Can you identify where town planning will increase site density, enhance value and create redevelopment opportunities?
If so, apply now to come and join us and be part of our newly created Portfolio Strategy Team!
This is a significant role where you will have an impact on the whole organisation and you will be involved in the creation and delivery of an effective town planning strategy impacting income, capital investment, the quality of the environment provided to our residents, and our ability to reach our NZC goals. You will also contribute to creating comprehensive portfolio strategies which layer onto the commercial opportunities and our sustainability strategy.
Each year Anchor spend approximately £100m on portfolio investment and repairs and as the Town Planner, you will help to prioritize spend and help drive towards our goal of creating more efficiency and more homes. You will also help realise latent commercial opportunities and value in our portfolio to further support these goals.
You will work with the strategy team to bring together functions from across the organisation to ensure that the portfolio strategy meets the needs of our customers and the objectives of the organisation, and creates a practical, financially sustainable, deliverable plan.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a town planning role along with demonstrable subject matter expertise.
- Great business and commercial acumen, with experience of communicating with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
- A good understanding of planning policy, process and law, with experience of translating this into corporate policies and individual site strategies.
- An understanding of feasibility studies and financial analysis of options, generating sound risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- A pro-active approach,
- The ability to effectively manage budgets and the consulting supply chain.
- Proven ability to identify and realise commercial opportunities within a portfolio.
- Able to work within decision making structures to facilitate and demonstrate effective decision making
- Ability to interpret complex data to inform decision making.
We need drive, determination and passion; someone who is willing to go the extra mile to achieve the right outcome for the organisation and more importantly for our customers.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
- 20% off mobile phone contracts
- Cashback on dental and medical expenses
- Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk)