Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
We are recruiting for an experienced Chef to support the catering operation at Holmpark
Holmpark is a unique, Victorian building which has been thoroughly modernised and adapted to provide residential care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds in Edgbaston
Together with the Chef Manager, you will be responsible for providing exceptional food, for a Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal service for up to 39 residents.
All our meals are made from fresh seasonal produce and you have to have knowledge of special dietary requirements.
Working 40 hours per week this position offers an exceptional work life balance for a chef, however you will be required to work some weekends.The hourly rate is £10.77
Ideally you have experience of working in a care home setting or be an experienced chef looking for a better work life balance.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- To produce nutritious, quality meals using fresh seasonal produce.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
Required knowledge & experience:
- NVQ/C&G/SVQ in Catering
- Working with fresh seasonal produce
- Health & safety legislation including COSHH and HACCP
- Proven experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people
- Knowledge of IDDSI
- Experienced in making Cakes and Baking
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and have had at least their first COVID-19 vaccination (unless medically exempt). In order to continue with your employment you must have your second vaccine within 10 weeks of the first dose.
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )