Ferendune Court Faringdon
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
2 x 35 hours per week (Part Time)
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and have had at least their first COVID-19 vaccination (unless medically exempt). In order to continue with your employment you must have your second vaccine within 10 weeks of the first dose.
Ferendune Court in Faringdon is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 48 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Gold Standards for End of life Care Platinuim accredited home
- Good public transport from Oxford or Swindon bus stop 10 minute walk from the home
- Dementia friendly environment with unique self contained flats for our residents
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays