Systems Development (Anchor Hanover)
Are you passionate about delivering value to an organisation that positively contributes to society by helping people in later life? Are you excited about working with the latest technologies? Do you want a role that provides responsibility, autonomy, and the ability to have influence? If the answer is yes, Anchor has the perfect opportunity for you.
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
About the role:
This is both a supportive leadership role and a hands-on technical developer role. You will be establishing and supporting a new cross-functional team building back-end solutions supporting multiple projects.
You will be involved in all aspects of an agile project, from estimating to retrospectives. You will be involved in presenting technical topics to your team and coaching more junior colleagues, depending on project needs ad resolving local team challenges that arise within a complex project environment.
- Developing in .NET Core
- Practising Test Driven Development including automation
- Working with software configuration management, CI and versioning strategies
- Working with different frameworks, i.e., .NET
- Understanding of objective-orientated design patterns
- Familiarity with HTTP concepts
- Understanding of RESTful interfaces
- Working with source control
- Understanding the purpose of databases
- Developing services in a Microservice Architecture
- Translating user stories into technical solutions
- Contributes to appropriate engineering practices
- Delivery of robust, fit for purpose solutions
- Work following standard working practises
- Creation and Maintenance of system documentation
- Resolving local team challenges within a complex project environment
- Mentoring/ coaching junior members of the team and ensuring working to standards
- Accountable for the quality of the code across the team
- Telephone call
- Tech test and call
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )