West Hall West Byfleet
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Reporting into the Location Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out day to day minor maintenance and repairs, to a high standard, contributing to a happy and comfortable environment for customers.
- Differentiating between minor repairs and when more specialist skills are required.
- Ensuring equipment is used safely, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Previous gardening, building or maintenance experience is desirable.
- Range of practical skills including maintenance and gardening.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Health & safety in the workplace.
- Well organized and able to plan workload.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to undertake a wide range of activities.
- Customer focused at all time.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
West Hall in West Byfleet is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 117 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Anchor's flagship home, rated Outstanding by CQC
- Three award winning purpose built lodges in 5.5 acres of landscaped gardens
- Excellent support for all colleagues with Buddies and Mentors to help you throughout your career at West Hall
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays