Beechfield Lodge Pendleton
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Hours: 18 - 30 per week availbale.
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Beechfield Lodge in Pendleton, Salford is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 60 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- CQC rating of ‘GOOD’ and a 9.5 star rating on Carehome.co.uk
- Development opportunities to complete Care qualifications or progressing into senior roles
- Themed rooms such as quiet lounges, cinema and shop
- Enclosed Gardens
- Easy transportation links through bus/metro
- On site parking
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays