Wellness Centre - Bishopstoke Park (Anchor Hanover)
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Reporting into the Wellness Suite Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the implementation of the group exercise instructor training programme
- Be involved in Wellness Centre events
- To work with colleagues in producing a full and varied programme of events which will be customer led across the village
- Planning and facilitating stimulating activities, promoting independence and choice to meet customer needs
- Controlling and maintaining the stock of activities equipment, materials and resources within a given budget
- Compliance with internal and external regulatory standards
- Reporting incidents of non-compliance with financial policy and escalate any concerns as appropriate
- REPS Level 3 recognised Personal Trainer Qualification or Advanced Fitness Instructor
- Group exercise qualification e.g. Exercise to Music, Pilates, Yoga, Dance, Aqua Aerobics etc.
- Nutrition and client appraisal/health screening
- Previous experience of working in a health & wellbeing environment including facilitating activities/workshops
- Experience of working with older people
- First Aid certification
- Qualification in teaching exercise and fitness to older adults, qualification in GP exercise referral or rehabilitation programmes
- Pool Plant qualification
- Pool responder qualification
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )