Customer Engagement (Anchor Hanover)
up to £35,000 depending on experience
Title: Resident Involvement Specialist
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: up to £35,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits
Location: Hybrid with weekly travel into our Bradford or London office
Closing Date: 20th May 2022
1st Interviews will be held 25th May 2022 via Microsoft Teams
About the role
As our Resident Involvement Specialist, you will drive Anchor’s resident involvement strategy and create a market leading offering. You will continuously evaluate our offer internally and with residents, so we are not just compliant, but are considered to be excellent at engaging our customer base.
Working with a degree of flexibility and using your experience and creativity, you will develop the Resident Involvement Agenda and create a culture that embeds resident involvement across the organisation. This will be promoted by working in conjunction with internal stakeholders and closely with the Communications team.
As this role holds responsibility for the approach to resident involvement, you will ensure that the service is continuously reviewed, acting on feedback received.
Ideally you will already have a strong understanding of the social housing sector and hold a relevant Housing qualification. You should be able to evidence self-development in this thematic or other general areas including networking.
We would like you to have experience in the following:
- Resident engagement in a similar people focused role
- Delivering projects within timescales and budget
- Establishing and facilitating resident / community groups
- Identifying and developing effective communication mechanisms to engage with multiple audiences
- Identifying, developing and sustaining feedback mechanisms.
You will also have/be:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships with sensitivity and objectivity, at any one time
- Ability to gathering data, evaluate it and producing relevant and accurate reports
- Ability to build trust with residents and other stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong commitment to maintaining confidential
- Sensitive and empathetic communication with colleagues and residents.
- Demonstrable skills in working proactively.
- Well organised with strong administrative skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Written and oral communication skills, with an approachable style.
- Knowledge of housing regulatory policy in relation to resident involvement
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is one of England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our aim is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit – every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, higher wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Wellbeing support
- Flexible working options, including working from home
- Pension plan – there's no limit on employee contributions, and we’ll match whatever you contribute up to 8%
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website