Deputy Care Home Manager
Ridgemount - Banstead
Salary - £31,692
About the role
You’ll need a good balance of head and heart to create an environment where outstanding person-centred care is consistently delivered and colleagues love to come to work.
Every day your role will be varied, enabling you to use your knowledge, skills and experience to deliver a service that meets the needs of the residents while managing a large team, resources and budgets. You will either be an experienced Deputy Manager looking for your next career move or a current Home Manager.
You should have good people management skills and a strong understanding of the needs of older people in a care setting. That includes CQC fundamental standards and their impact in care management, plus practice and safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Supporing the Home Manager, to lead a team to deliver the best care and overseeing all elements of a care home environment.
- Responsibility for all activities, making decisions in the best interests of the customers, both collectively and individually.
- Assisting with auditing and reviewing quality of care and leading on CQC and local authority inspections.
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation and carrying out checks and risk assessments.
- Raising the profile of the location and Anchor through effective marketing.
- Developing relationships with key professionals locally to ensure customers have access to health and welfare services.
- Recruiting, supervising and training colleagues to carry out their roles.
- Investigating and responding to complaints, implementing change to prevent reoccurrence.
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is one of England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our aim is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit – every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, higher wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Wellbeing support
- Flexible working options, including working from home
- Pension plan – there's no limit on employee contributions, and we’ll match whatever you contribute up to 8%
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.
Ridgemount in Banstead is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 66 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Ridgemount is located just 2min walking distance from Banstead Town Centre where bus stops are located. Area is nice and quiet. We have on-site parking where staff can park their cars as well
- We support are colleagues with a process that includes arranging regular and frequent meetings to review their work and to provide development and support along their way climbing up that ladder to better themselves. Staff recognition is important in Ridgemount & rewarded each month for staff members going that extra mile in the workplace with employee of the month schemes
- We have been awarded Anchor Inspires Award. Staff and Residents have worked together by planning and then implementing the changes to environment