up to £41k depending on experience
Job Title: Safeguarding Manager
Location: Home based with occasional nationwide travel
Salary: up to £41k depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Anchor is looking for a highly effective and motivated professional to become our Safeguarding Manager for Housing Operations.
This is a newly created post and will sit as part of our new Tenancy Sustainment Service. It is an exciting and challenging opportunity that will put you at heart of safeguarding work with housing operations. The role will give you the platform to influence practice improvement activities that help keep our older people safe.
This role requires someone who is comfortable building strategy and assurance frameworks. A skilled communicator and influencer you will be the subject matter expert for all housing colleagues
The emphasis is on evidence-based, person-centred support: working with residents, carers and surrounding communities, and enabling people to make their own decisions about safety. The challenge lies in having a strong grasp of legal and statutory requirements around safeguarding, while adopting a creative, customised and solution-focused approach.
A bit about you
This is a key role for us and we want you to flourish, as such we’d like our new Safeguarding Manager to have:
- A Housing qualification or equivalent housing management experience
- Knowledge of the Heath & Social Care and Housing and Equality Legislation
- A deep understanding of the safeguarding process within housing and ability to interpret, understand and appropriately communicate the regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of quality assurance processes
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo
- Bring a learning approach to services, identifying and implementing good practice.
- Exceptional people management skills and experience of managing systems
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.