Chef Manager, Palmersdene Jarrow
Hrs: Full Time/40
Are you a Chef/Sous Chef looking for a step up? OR an experienced Chef Manager looking for your next challenge? Then look no further, here at Anchor, we have the job for you!
We are looking to appoint a Chef Manager, to our service in Palmersdene Jarrow. For this role we are looking for:
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
To be successful, you'll need a good balance of head and heart.
You will be responsible for managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements. You will lead the catering team, manage their performance, while maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards. Additionally, you will control the kitchen stock, equipment, and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Palmersdene in Jarrow is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 40 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Anchor inspires dementia champion accreditation
- CQC rating of Good in all areas
- Spare chair Sunday and fish and chip Friday for the community to come into the home
As one of England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk )