Middlesbrough Grange Middlesbrough
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
To cover holidays and sickness
Reporting into the Location Manager responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for customers in either their home environment or communal areas. Ensuring that cleaning products are used effectively, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Customer service NVQ2 would be advantageous.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable.
- Use of cleaning products in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures including use of equipment e.g. carpet cleaners.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Health & safety in the workplace including Control of Substances Harmful to Health (COSHH).
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Middlesbrough Grange in Middlesbrough is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 45 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- A warm, welcome homely environment with friendly and very caring staff that pride themselves on giving the very best care
- Our excellent chefs pride themselves on the great quality home cooked meals prepared daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients
- Excellent public transport bus stop right outside the home
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays