Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Join us as a Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader at Anchor to make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people. You'll be responsible for caring for people with a wide range of needs as well as dispensing medication. This role will also give you the opportunity to use your management skills to ensure a high level of quality care is being delivered. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, committed to delivering exceptional, high quality care and has a strong attention to detail. While it is not imperative that you have a Level 3 qualification in health and social care, you just need to be interested in working towards it.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Ridgemount in Banstead is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 66 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Ridgemount is located just 2min walking distance from Banstead Town Centre where bus stops are located. Area is nice and quiet. We have on-site parking where staff can park their cars as well
- We support are colleagues with a process that includes arranging regular and frequent meetings to review their work and to provide development and support along their way climbing up that ladder to better themselves. Staff recognition is important in Ridgemount & rewarded each month for staff members going that extra mile in the workplace with employee of the month schemes
- We have been awarded Anchor Inspires Award. Staff and Residents have worked together by planning and then implementing the changes to environment
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.