Glendale Walton on Thames
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Glendale in Walton-on-Thames is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 61 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Glendale has got a homely atmosphere we are pride to deliver excellent care to our customers. We have recently been rated Good by CQC. Glendale has got a dementia friendly environment for our customers
- We have a low Staff turnover and have staffs that have been committed to our service for over 30years. We have easy access from Walton station and Hersham Station. There is also a bus from Kingston, which drops you just outside the home
- We always promoted customer independence, provide choices and support with regular activities and involving in the community, we treat our customer with respect and dignity
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays