Hybrid – homebased with frequent travel to our Bradford Office
up to £37,000
Job Title: Conveyancing Executive
Location: Hybrid – homebased with frequent travel to our Bradford Office
Salary: up to £37,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Full-Time
As a result of our growth and investment, we are looking to appoint a Conveyancing Executive within our in-house legal team and strengthen our existing Property Legal Department.
About the role
Supported by our Senior and Junior Property solicitors, you will manage a varied caseload of freehold/leasehold residential conveyancing matters including new development plot sales, resales, buy backs and shared ownership, enfranchisements, statutory/voluntary lease extensions.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Having your own caseload and dealing with conveyancing matters from inception to post completion which includes setting up own files and dealing with administrative matters i.e carrying out searches, OS1 Searches, filling SDLT returns, exchange and completion letters etc.
- Being able to interpret Leases when dealing with Property related queries.
- Assisting on LPE1 enquiries.
- Dealing with HM Land Registry applications and requisitions.
- Carrying out administrative tasks to support the Property Legal Team.
- Dealing with Telephone and Email enquiries relating to Property related issues.
- Documenting meetings when assisting the Senior and Junior Solicitors.
- Maintain an awareness of the organisations procedures as well as an understanding of the SRA rules and regulations whilst working within the Property Team.
To be successful in this role you will already have/be:
- preferably has a Law degree or equivalent
Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing your own conveyancing case load from start to finish.
- An understanding of the conveyancing procedure and an understanding of money laundering regulations.
- Experience of using the HM Land Registry Portal and filing Stamp Duty returns.
- Be able to draft both sale and purchase Contracts.
- Be able to interpret Lease clauses
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Word, excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of working on a case management system would be an advantage but not necessary.
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.