The Manor House Knaresborough
We are recruiting for Night Senior Care Assistants (44 Hours / 33 hours per week) with a salary of £26,886.99 FTE
About the role
Join us as a Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader at Anchor to make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people.
- Leading the shift, assessing priorities, ensuring proper allocation of colleagues, adequate staffing and completion of all relevant documentation throughout your shift.
- Administering, recording and ordering medication.
- Supporting good nutritional and hydration at all times.
- Reviewing individual care needs, ensuring residents’ plans are maintained accurately and care is delivered accordingly.
- Supervising and coaching care assistants to carry out their roles., managing any performance concerns if they arise.
- Liaising with external health and social care providers and any stakeholders to ensure resident welfare needs are met.
- Having good oversight of policies relating to back care, plus health and safety.
- Delivering hands-on care as part of the allocation, supporting key workers for named customers.
What you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who is resident-focused, committed to delivering exceptional care and has a strong attention to detail. This role will also give you the opportunity to use all your management skills. You’ll require a NCFE Certificate Level 2 and 3 in handling medication and you will ideally hold a NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, and have experience at that level or be willing to undertake the Level 3 qualification. You will be passionate in ensuring people enjoy living their later years with us.
The Manor House care home in Knaresborough is a contemporary residential care home set in luxurious and comfortable surroundings. Meticulously finished to a very high standard offering first class residential and dementia care for up to 75 residents.
- 9.7 star rating on carehome.co.uk
- CQC Rating 'GOOD'
- 2 General Residential Units / 1 Dementia Unit within the home
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
- Lead Adult Care worker level 3 qualification
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://anchorbeingwell.co.uk/ )