Blackbrook House Colchester
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of Care for the over 55's in the UK and offer Apprenticeship opportunities across England. We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent.
The Anchor Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity aimed at people aged 16 years or older. Our Apprenticeship gives you the chance to step into a rewarding career in care with industry leading training and development. We recruit based on attitude and potential rather than experience and qualifications. You will benefit from real work experience, a competitive salary and industry leading training towards a vocational qualification. At the same time you can look forward to the making a real difference to the lives of our customers.
Our Apprentices are supported by a strong network of mentors, buddies, ambassadors, assessors and advisors and benefit from In depth industry exposure, quarterly away days, regular feedback and bespoke training opportunities.
Based in one of our Care Homes, you will support our residents to live 'happy lives for the years ahead', whilst enjoying the ongoing support and development you need to grow your skills, knowledge and career with us.
- "No two days are ever the same, which makes this a very challenging and rewarding job. My home manager has been really supportive. I work with another apprentice who has worked alongside me from the start, which is great because we can support each other through our qualification. What I love most about my job is the interaction with the people, seeing them smile, listening to their life stories and in general having a laugh." Ryan Bull, Apprentice.
- This programme gives opportunities to young people, giving them the chance to develop and gain rewarding careers in care.
- "My role is different every day, and it's great to see the joy on a customer's face when we join in with an activity or have a chat about their different life experiences. My confidence has grown so much since I started and I feel I'm part of a great team." Ryan Bull, Apprentice
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Blackbrook House in Dedham is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 55 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Warm and homely environment
- Rural settings
- Rated Good with CQC
Anchor – a great place to work
Anchor is England’s largest not-for-profit providers of care and housing for older people. Our heartfelt ambition is to transform housing and care so everyone can have a home where they love living in later life.
We’re not-for-profit which means every penny we make or save is invested in the people who live with us, the places they live and the people who work here. That means a better standard of care and customer service, better wages, more investment in training and development and improved facilities.
A rewarding environment
From health and happiness to finance and your career, we’ll give you all the support you need.
Health & happiness
- Gym, fitness and wellbeing discounts
- Mental health support
- Flexible working options
- Pension plan – contribute between 4% and 8% and we’ll match it or better
- Quick and easy pension transfer service
- Savings and financial advice, loans, free life assurance
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, phones, technology and more
- Ongoing personal and professional development programme
- Leadership Pathways online learning resources
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
To see our full range of benefits, check out our dedicated rewards website
Celebrating diversity, celebrating you
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to celebrate diversity and inclusion in all that we do, as we know that the more diverse our colleagues are, the better care and support we can give to our residents and each other.
We are proud to have an LGBT+ group for our residents, and also Disability, LGBT+ and race and ethnicity colleague networks. These work to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We also have an Inclusive Ambassador network to allow all colleagues to be part of promoting diversity and to be an ally to others.
We are a member of Inclusive Employers, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and HouseProud Pledge schemes.