Oak Tree Lodge Leeds
Reporting into the Home Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Anchor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Please note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK
It is no longer a legal requirement for colleagues to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in our care homes. However, we will continue to encourage everyone who is eligible for the vaccine and booster dose to have it to protect themselves, as well as the residents and colleagues in our home.
Oak Tree Lodge in Gipton, Leeds is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 60 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Development opportunities through our Apprentice schemes, providing NVQ and career progression
- Bus transportation based outside of the home
- Parking on site
- CQC GOOD
- Themed rooms, indoor park, cinema and café
- Fun and friendly team with plenty of social events within the home
Anchor is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Flexibility to be innovative to create dishes and design menus that meet your residents needs
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- The opportunity to lead a small team
- Showcase your talents in our own annual chef of the year competition
- Be a leader in the development of food activities with your residents
- Control of your own budget