Kimberley Court Newquay
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
3 days per week with alternate weekends - 20 Hours per week
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Chef Manager, managing every aspect of catering within the location and delivering a quality catering service.
- Supervising the catering assistants on shift.
- Maintaining compliance with food safety and health & safety procedures.
- To minimise waste when preparing meals and use equipment correctly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety legislation including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements relating to older people.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Kimberley Court in Newquay is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 36 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Sociable flexible working hours
- Preparing food from only fresh ingredients
- Flexibility to be innovative to create dishes and design menus that meet your residents needs
- Strong support networks with regular training and development central to providing good nutrition and hydration
- The opportunity to lead a small team
- Showcase your talents in our own annual chef of the year competition
- Be a leader in the development of food activities with your residents
- Control of your own budget