Devonshire House Sudbury
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Job Role: Housekeeper ( Part time, 21 hours per week)
Pay & Benefits: £8.82 with benefits such as life assurance, pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution), up to 50% discount across major retailers, entertainment and high street shops.
Could you see yourself making a real difference to people’s lives? Do you understand the important of a clean and tidy home?
What you’ll do
As a housekeeper, you will make sure that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for customers in either their home environment or communal areas. You’ll need to make sure that all cleaning products are used safely and stored correctly.
What you’ll need
An organised approach, good time management skills, a friendly personality and cleaning experience. You will also have an understanding of COSHH and the importance of delivering good customer service.
What we’ll give you
You will be provided with on the job training, full induction, the uniform and a free DBS so you can perform your role to the best of your ability.
Other benefits include:
- Enhanced pay on select bank holidays
- Holiday Buy and Sell
- Discounts at retailers, pharmacies and on mobile phone contracts
- Refer a friend scheme (you could get up to £250*)
- Health Cash Plans
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Devonshire House in Sudbury is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 68 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Historic and beautiful listed building with extensive landscaped grounds in a rural setting beside the river
- The service is immersed within an active village community. We regularly host events at the home and can attend village events or use the community shop, tea rooms or three pubs
- The home has lots of internal space including a cinema, conservatory and therapy room providing everyone with the space and privacy they choose
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays