Bluegrove House London
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
As a bank care assistant you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence including personal care, meal times, and activities whilst also providing a listening ear to those who need it most.
Anchor has 4 core values and you will align to these by being Accountable, showing Respect for all, demonstrating Courage and being Honest. Even if you have no previous professional care experience you will be provided with all the training and development you will need to excel at your job, whether that is care, housekeeping, catering or activities. You will be provided with on the job training through NVQ’s and QCF’s.
The Anchor Group is England's largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for the over-55s. We provide services to more than 34,000 older people and employ around 9,000 staff.
Care Assistants at Anchor make a real and positive impact to the lives of older people who have a range of care needs as well as life experiences and personalities that makes every day varied and interesting.
Bluegrove House in Bermondsey is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 48 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Good public transport links with easy access from three London Underground stations: Bermondsey station is only a walking distance, Surrey Quays and Canada Water stations are easily accessible by a number of buses that run close to the home with the route P12 bus stop being right outside the Home
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients. The quality and variety of food is highly rated by our customers and family members
- The Home has developed very good community networks and intergenerational liaison with local: Schools, Scouts, Nursery, and City of London Academy. Customers enjoy these a lot and benefit in ensuring their wellbeing. The Home is partner with The Southwark Dementia Alliance Action group which is very resourceful and supportive
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays