Devonshire House Sudbury
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
9.16- 9.76 an hour
Job Role: Care Assistant
Pay & Benefits: £9.16 - £9.76 an hour with benefits such as life assurance, pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution), up to 50% discount across major retailers, entertainment and high street shops.
Do you enjoy putting a smile on someone’s face? Could you see yourself making a real difference to people’s lives?
What you’ll do
As a Care Assistant, you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence including personal care, mealtimes, and activities whilst also providing a listening ear to those who need it most.
Even if you haven’t worked in care, we would love to hear from you. If you have worked in customer service or retail, you will have great transferable skills for this role.
What you’ll need
A listening ear, excellent interpersonal skills and a caring nature!
What we’ll give you
You will be provided with on the job training and we can even support you to complete NVQ’s and QCF’s. We provide the uniform and provide a free DBS so you can perform your role to the best of your ability.
Other benefits include:
Enhanced pay on select bank holidays
Holiday Buy and Sell
Discounts at retailers, pharmacies and on mobile phone contracts
Refer a friend scheme (you could get up to £250*)
Health Cash Plans
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Devonshire House in Sudbury is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 68 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Historic and beautiful listed building with extensive landscaped grounds in a rural setting beside the river
- The service is immersed within an active village community. We regularly host events at the home and can attend village events or use the community shop, tea rooms or three pubs
- The home has lots of internal space including a cinema, conservatory and therapy room providing everyone with the space and privacy they choose
Anchor Hanover is England's largest not-for-profit provider of specialist housing and care for the over-55s. We provide services to more than 60,000 older people and employ around 10,000 staff. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor Hanover;
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays (Christmas & Boxing Day)