home based with frequent travel around the region
Up to £36k + Car Allowance
Job Title: Health, Safety & Fire Advisor
Location: North West Region - Manchester, Merseyside, Chester & Lancashire
Salary: Up to £36k + Car allowance
Contract Type: Perm
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
About the role:
The role is to support the provision of a competent and comprehensive health, safety and fire (HS&F) service to the housing arm of Anchor Hanover.
Working within a regional team of HS&F Advisors, the role will conduct and review fire risk assessments, conduct safety audits and training in order to support operational teams achieve excellent levels of compliance. Together with these core functions, the role will provide general HS&F advice and support to operational teams helping to ensure a safe environment for colleagues, customers and visitors etc.
- Application of health and safety management within a similar environment.
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate).
- A recognised qualification and experience in completing Fire Risk Assessments.
- Experience of working within strict deadlines and to specified performance measures.
- Experience of working within a multi-site discipline
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously.
- Experience of delivering health and safety training.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Willingness to travel within the designated region and further afield where necessary
- Evidence of Continuing professional development.
- A full drivers licence
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )