Reporting into the Home Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Managing every aspect of catering within the location, delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Leading the catering team and managing performance.
- Maintaining compliance with food hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Controlling kitchen stock, equipment and resources within budget.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Intermediate or level 3 food hygiene certificate with Cater craft or similar award.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) and food safety standards.
- Proven chef and people management experience.
- Basic knowledge of dietary requirements for older people and the impact of food types on medication.
- Safe use of kitchen equipment including knives.
- Able to negotiate, influence, organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment and produce meals based on implemented menus.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Millfield in Oldham is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 37 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Well established Care home for over 23 years
- Established welcoming and supportive care team
- Highly regarded ethics and staff progression
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )