Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Hours: 20 per week
About the role
The Anchor Hanover Group is a leading provider of housing services for older people. As an area Handyperson your role will be:
- To carry out non urgent day to day maintenance tasks in residents homes and on estates
- To actively promote this new service initiative with residents
- Ability to work on own initiative to efficiently and effectively achieve high quality maintenance standards
Customer focused, flexible and genuinely respectful of older people’s rights and independence, you are an excellent communicator and listener too. We are looking for someone with skills in building maintenance. The sorts of tasks will include repairs to doors and windows, fitting locks, shelves and miscellaneous carpentry work, minor plumbing repairs and redecorations.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Holmpark in Birmingham is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 39 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Good public transport links with easy access to Holmpark from Town and surrounding community
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients
- Rated Good by CQC
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates