Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
This is a bank role
Reporting into the Business Manager, Location Manager or District Manager responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for customers in either their home environment or communal areas.
- Ensuring that cleaning products are used effectively, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Customer service NVQ2.Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable.
- Use of cleaning products in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures including use of equipment e.g. carpet cleaners.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality and the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Health & safety in the workplace including Control of Substances Harmful to Health (COSHH)
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Sandstones in Wallasey is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 35 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Rated Good overall with CQC & strong community networks of support to continue to maintain such great reports to continue to provide person centred care to all of our customers & ensuring their safety along the way
- Good staff retention increases morale. Employees that enjoy what they do and the atmosphere in which they work are more likely to remain employed within Sandstones. Retention strategies are important because they help create a positive work environment and strengthen an employee's commitment to the organization. We have a large amount of long term staff here
- Supervision, rewards & progression. We support are colleagues with a processes that includes arranging regular and frequent meetings to review their work and to provide development and support along their way climbing up that ladder to better themselves. Staff recognition is important in Sandstones & rewarded each month for staff members going that extra mile in the workplace with employee of the month schemes
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )